The condition known as myasthenia gravis can be characterized with constant weakness & also t fatigue syndrome. A victim’s muscles become so weak that they cannot perform any meaningful task. This disorder is usually caused by breakdown with standard communications between ones nerve composition & muscle structure. Presently, there aren’t any known cures for this condition, even though relevant treatment would be of great help on mitigating negative symptoms that could show. Some of these include drooping eyelids, chewing difficulties, dual vision and even incoherent speech patterns. Though myasthenia could affect individuals of diverse age groups, it’s very popular amongst women aged below 40yrs and their male counterparts of 60yrs and above.
Myasthenia Gravis Symptoms
Muscle fatigue would get worse over and over as the person repeatedly uses his muscles. These symptoms may considerably improve on proper rest. Your fatigue may appear and disappear depending on the amount of rest one has. The side effects of this condition may progress slowly with time, often reaching the worst state after some few years down the line.
Though the disorder can affect most of your body’s muscles involved with voluntary movement, there are some muscle sets that are more prone to dysfunction than others. Some of them are discussed as follows:
A) Eye muscles
For majority of those who have this condition, the very first symptoms that they would experience are related to vision, including drooping eyelids also known in the scientific world as ptosis. And double range vision that could either take a vertical or horizontal standard. This particular condition is universally known as diplopia.
B) Facial & throat muscle discomfort
About 15% of those with this condition experience throat inactivity that is characterized with several factors. Some of which are discussed as follows:
1) Altered speech patterns. Your speech could be considerably soft and sentences pronounced with great difficulty.
2) Victims are also found to have great difficulty swallowing meals. They easily choke and this could make things very difficult in terms of eating, drinking or just taking pills. In other scenarios the liquids one is seeking to swallow could pass out through the nasal cavity.
3) Chewing problems. Muscles that are used for chewing food could wear out as one is taking his favorite meals. Especially when you have been taking hard stuff that requires a lot of chewing. This increases chances of the person being chocked by these meals.
4) Abridged facial expressions. Those who have advanced Myasthenia Gravis would have problems with basic expressions such as smiling. They would seem motionless even when a joke is cracked. This doesn’t mean that they are not amused but that their facial expressions can show what they feel.
C) Neck region and limb muscles. The disorder could result in unexplained weakness around the user’s legs, neckline and even arms. This may take place together with muscle fatigue within other related body parts. Including the eyes, throat and facial areas. Myasthenia Gravis affects the person’s arms more than leg limbs. But incase it gets to your legs it could cause one to have difficulty in balance. Incase your neck isn’t strong then you may have great difficulty erecting your head upfront.
You should immediately seek a medic’s assistance when faced with difficulty in breathing, swallowing, walking, vision and even head sustenance.
Myasthenia Gravis treatment
Medical practitioners employ a range of treatments in reliving all symptoms related to this particular disorder. Some of these are:
1) Corticosteroids. These particular medications serve to inhibit ones immune structure thereby limiting their antibody generation capacity. Nonetheless, extended use of this product could result in detrimental side effects including mass gain, infectious diseases & uneven body fat circulation.
2) Immunity suppressants. You physician could even recommend other prescriptions which may alter immunity. These may include cyclosporine, azathioprine and even mycophenolate just to mention but some few of them. Some symptoms of these condition could be grave including secondary infection, liver disease, cancer risk and even infertility just to mention some few of these
3) Therapy. This particular procedure makes use of a unique filtering routine that’s comparable to dialysis. Blood shall be routed within the appliance which removes such antibodies blocking overall signal transmissions. Nonetheless, the overall beneficial factors of this therapeutic model would last just for some few weeks.
Continuous treatment may cause great difficult on accessing relative vein vessels. This could require surgical implantation on a catheter or lithe tubular structure fixed into ones chest cavity.
Another peril that’s related to plasmaphertesis includes a general drop on the levels of blood pressure. Bleeding could occur since the prescriptions used could prevent the4 user’s blood from properly clotting. It may also result to allergic body reactions on solutions that are employed in replacing plasma compounds, or even sterilizing agents that are used in overall tubing effect.
4) Surgery. Roughly 15% of those with Myasthenia Gravis also have a minor tumor within the thymus gland. This part is located beneath the breastbone region which is usually related to immune response. Incase you are suffering from such a growth then it would be appropriate to have the entire thymus extracted. Symptoms are usually very mild but when they persist longer then it would be appropriate to seek the medic’s intervention.
Myasthenia Gravis in dogs
The disorder known as myasthenia gravis amongst dogs is said to be a neuromuscular disorder whereby the main symptom is abject weakness. This condition is usually caused by your dog’s incapacity to activate some nerve reception endings. That would consequently prevent stimulation of certain muscle cells which may make your canine have a weak composure.
This condition is known to happen congenially for some canine breeds. Some of dogs that would be affected in this case include fox terriers, Springer spaniels and even fox terriers. It may even become an acquired condition especially for much older dog breeds. For such cases then it’s usually assumed that the condition is immune mediated. In older canines the initial indications that a problem is apparent include unprecedented esophagus enlargement. This is mainly caused from muscular fatigue which also leads to difficulty in swallowing. It may result to regurgitation or even inhalation pneumonia.
The condition is very unpredictable in dogs as compared to human beings. Only a select few muscle groups could be affected in this case. Or the canine may absolutely be rendered immobile. A dog could be very normal after taking some few rests but quickly lose it’s stamina after undertaking some minor exercises.
Incase megasophagus has been diagnosed then chances are that very soon MG would follow. The latter condition could be diagnosed with rapid response on inoculation with Tensilon. Canines usually signify prompt improvement on muscular stamina within a short period of treatment. There are various lab tests on this disorder that are also available in diagnosis
Those dogs which get MG in later periods of their lives have better prognosis on overall treatment. It’s very important that you prevent your dogs from catching pneumonia.
As such the dogs can only be fed with relatively elevated dish bowls, while also being encouraged to stay standing on a period lasting 10mins after meal consumption. When Anticholineseras are not working as you expected then Prostigmin may alternatively be used. In other cases corticosteroids could even be used depending on how affected your canine is. But it’s appropriate for you to ensure that there aren’t any maligning illnesses such as pneumonia
Myasthenia Gravis crisis
This condition affects the victim’s neuromuscular structure by adversely weakening up its basic functions. The condition is usually caused by incapacity of some nerve reception ends to function as required. It would consequently mitigate stimulus on muscular composition towards contraction. That can result to impaired movements for your canine amongst many other related conditions.
Dogs may be maintained for quite some extensive period of time while still having this particular condition. When attention is taken on prevention to latent pneumonia then prognosis would be much longer and the dog would not feel effects for long. This literally means that the condition would be much more bearable than before. Apart from this, there are numerous other medications that may interfere with overall reactions of anticholinesterase. As such careful attention needs to be considered on appropriate choice of drugs. That would be able to treat the particular breed of dog in question. There are several medications that may have adverse interactions inside your dog’s system. As such there should be careful consideration on this particular factor when seeking to address the issue in question.
The total number of canines having acquired MG disorder would also have particular remission on this particular disorder. As such it would be recommendable for you to monitor these particular antibodies, such that ultimately the best treatment ever can be addressed. In some cases recurrences on the disorder soon after remission could take shape. It would be very appropriate to be vigilant to ensure that your cayenne is as safe as can be.
Myasthenia Gravis can affect both man and canine alike. It would be appropriate to take note of this factor while making the decision of which treatment procedure to use.
The hemorrhoids are vascular structures located in the anal canal and help in controlling stool. These veins can either become swollen or inflamed in the anal or rectum region creating a very painful region. There are basically two kinds of hemorrhoids conditions: internal condition that is less painful and often indicated by bloody stool while external hemorrhoids are more common and often characterized by severe pain.
There are a number of hemorrhoids treatment options available in the market such as:
- Over the counter corticosteroid creams that assist in reducing swelling and pain
- Hemorrhoid creams that come with lidacaine to assist in reducing the level of pain experienced
- The stool softeners can also be utilized to suppress constipation and straining
Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids NOW!
There are also a number of natural treatment methods that can be used in treatment of the condition. Some herbs such as witch hazel have ability of lowering the itching effect drastically. The herb extracts can be purchased in the local drug stores or even the natural herbs liquid can be extracted and applied on the hemorrhoids to suppress pain level.
You can also use homeopathic treatment methods to suppress the condition. Examples of homeopathic methods that can be used to suppress itching effects resulting from hemorrhoids include refraining from scratching the itching area, wearing cotton undergarments and avoiding toilet tissues with colors and perfumes. Use baby wipes instead.
Sitting in warm water for a period of 15 minutes can help to ease the pain. If you have no bath tub, place a towel in warm water and use it as a compression. This increases the blood flow thereby easing pain. A cold compression can also be used to numb the nerves in the affected region.
This condition occurs when several veins in the lower rectum are inflamed or swollen. Hemorrhoids are classified as internal if they occur above dentate line. Particularly, they are vein varicosities draining the superior rectal arteries branches. Since the internal hemorrhoids are mainly not painful, several people are not aware they have them. However, these hemorrhoids can bleed when irritated. When the condition is left untreated, it can escalate into strangulated and prolapsed hemorrhoids. Prolapsed internal hemorrhoids refers to a condition whereby the inflamed region is so distended to the extent that it hangs outside the anus. When anal sphincter muscle experiences spasm and traps the prolapsed hemorrhoid outside anal opening, blood supply is distracted; thereby, resulting in strangulated hemorrhoid.
The internal hemorrhoids can further be categorized into:
- Grade I- no prolapsed
- Grade II – prolapsed occur after defecation but retract soon afterwards
- Grade III – prolapsed occurs after defecation and requires being reduced manually
- Grade IV – prolapsed and cannot be restored manually
These hemorrhoids are found beneath dentate lines. Some external hemorrhoids can be concealed from view especially if they affect varicosities of veins that drain the inferior rectal arteries territories that branches interior prudential artery. They are occasionally painful and often accompanied by irritation and swelling. Skin irritation is also attributed to inflammation brought about by swelling caused by the hemorrhoids and a little noticeable water discharge. Patients suffering from the condition are vulnerable to thrombosis since the veins can rupture resulting to blood clots.
How to treat hemorrhoids – Get Rid Of Hemorrhoids NOW!
The fact that there are a lot of people who are affected by hemorrhoids; there are a number of methods that can be used in treatment of the condition ranging from homeopathic, over-the-counter drugs, prescription drugs, natural methods and surgical procedures. Here are the main home treatment methods that can be used in treatment of these conditions:
Fiber content: Increasing the amount of fiber supplement in your food such as fiber con, Metamucil, Citrucel, etc and taking adequate fluids helps in softening stool thereby easing the pressure created in the hemorrhoids. Beans, broccoli, wheat, fresh fruits, oat bran and whole-grain foods, just to mention a few, are samples of high fiber foods. Start taking these diets gradually and then increase them over time.
Exercise: Modest aerobic exercising like brisk walking for 20-30 minutes daily can help in stimulating bowel functions.
Take time: The moment you feel the urge to relieve yourself, go immediately instead of waiting for a convenient time. Accumulation of stool in the body leads to increased pressure in the bowels which can in turn cause strain to the hemorrhoids. Set particular specific time for emptying the bowels too.
Sitz: This refers to a warm water bath for hips and buttocks. It helps in relieving spasms, itching and irritation of sphincter muscles. There are toilet seats available in pharmacies that you can seat on to help in relieving the pain. Allow a period of up to 20 minutes after every bowel movement.
Topical relief: There are several creams and suppositories sold over the counter that can help in relieving hemorrhoids pain. Many of these topical herbs have local anesthetics that help in suppressing the level of pain experienced. Nonetheless, topical agents should be used with a lot of caution since some of them may have adverse effects such as causing skin to atrophy. Sitting on soft surfaces instead of hard surfaces can also help in effective suppression of hemorrhoids.
Treating clots: When external hemorrhoid creates blood clot, searing pain results. Home treatment methods can be applied to eliminate the clots. For clots that are newly formed, they can be removed though a minor operation by a surgeon.
Additional methods for treating the condition include:
- Surgery: Mainly used in treating internal hemorrhoids that are extremely severe like grade 3 and 4
- Sclerotherapy (injections): It is mainly used in treating grade 2 and 3 hemorrhoids. The method involves injecting liquid in the inflamed tissue in the anus to numb the nerves as well as harden it to avoid scarring
- Corticosteroids: Creams composed of corticosteroids are prescribed to help in reducing inflammation in the anus. The creams should not be used for more than a week since they make anus skin thinner
What causes hemorrhoids?
There are several reasons that can cause hemorrhoids particularly after child birth and in gestation period. The condition results from enhanced pressure in anus and veins. Nonetheless, the major cause of the condition is strained bowel movements. Additional reasons include:
- Anal infections
- Certain health conditions like cirrhosis
- Sitting for extended periods
- Low fiber and high-fat diet
- Anal intercourse
- Chronic diarrhea or constipation
Although many people are capable of treating hemorrhoids using simple methods, there are some exceptional cases where surgical methods require being used. These situations include when you are suffering from:
- Extremely painful hemorrhoids
- Thrombosed hemorrhoids
- Prolapsed hemorrhoids
The main hemorrhoids surgical procedures used include:
- Baron litigation (Rubber band litigation): Rubber bands are used to cut blood supply to the hemorrhoids making them to wither off after a few days
- Sclerotherapy: A hardening agent that makes wall to collapse is injected in the affected tissue. Collapsing of the walls make hemorrhoids to shrink
- Galvanic electrotherapy (hemorrhoidolysis): Electric current is applied to help in desiccation of hemorrhoids
- Cryosurgery: Although rarely used due to side effects, frozen tip of cryoprobe is applied in destruction of the tissues
- BICAP, Laser, infrared or radiofrequency coagulation: affected tissues cauterized using electricity, infrared beam or laser (rarely used). Infrared coagulation has similar efficiency t band litigation to control of hemorrhoids of up to grade 3
- Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical method excises hemorrhoids through operation. It has been attributed with severe pain in the recovery and incontinence later in life. It is only suitable when used for Grade IV hemorrhoids
- Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialisation (THD): Works just like HAL but safer, less painful and requires less recovery period since it is more standadisable
- Stapled hemorrhoidectomy: This procedure interrupts blood flowing to hemorrhoids
- Doppler Guided Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation / HAL-RAR: This is the safest and only evidence based surgical procedure that has been proven to function effectively. It has ability of eliminating bleeding conditions effectively.
- Bleeding, itching and rectal pain during bowel movement
- Development of hard painful lumps in the anus
- Bloody stool
- Anal discomfort
- Change in bowel habits
- Burning feeling
Hemorrhoids during pregnancy
As the uterus develops, it enhances the pressure created on the inferior vena cava (a large vein that drains lower limbs) and pelvic veins. This in turn distracts effective back flow of blood which in turn builds pressure on the veins beneath the uterus making them to swell or become dilated.
Constipation is also common in pregnancy and leads aggravation of the hemorrhoids. The strained bowel movement caused by constipation enhances development of the condition.
Besides, enhanced production of the progesterone hormone during gestation period makes the vein walls to relax making them more vulnerable to inflammation. Progesterone has also been attributed with aggravating constipation via slowing down the intestinal tract.
It makes sense to say that; in order to ensure that you do not get out of your breath you need to improve the breathing muscles. When you are inhaling, you use the chest wall muscles and the diaphragm so as to suck in the air.
You then relax the muscles so as to push the air back out. After exercises that are strenuous, these muscles may sometimes fatigue.
This observation prompted Alison McConnell, a British researcher at the London’s Brunel University to develop an “inspiratory muscles trainer” that is referred to as Powerbreathe.
This is a power device which is very similar to the inhaler that is used by the asthmatic patients. It is designed purposely to strengthen those muscles that are used in the inhaling in almost the same way in which the weights are used in the strengthening of the muscles of your arms.
If you take about 30 breaths through this device twice everyday, you will gradually and slowly increase the resistance.
It will in short strengthen your muscles, increase the endurance and decrease the incidences of feeling out of breath.
There is only one problem with this. The initial studies by different researchers did not find any significant benefits of training of the inspiratory muscles despite the fact that the subjects that were involved in the studies reported experiencing reduction in the feeling of out of breath. After the testing of the classic laboratory measures of the aerobic endurance without success, most of the researchers came to the conclusion that the breathing is not one of the limiting factors in the endurance.
It is important to note that; instead, the limits are determined by the ability of making use of the oxygen.
The only exception is the people that are suffering from conditions such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in which this form of respiratory exercises has for very long time been standard.
Most of the athletes are seriously concerned with the way in which they perform in the competitions rather than in the laboratory. Various recent studies have tended to demonstrate there are small though significant benefits in some sports such as rowing, cycling and swimming.
For example, study that was conducted in 2010 in New Zealand and which involved 16 competitive simmers that were put on the Powerbreathe training program for six weeks found out that 8 did the proper thing while the other 8 used device that was the same but they were given program of training that did not cause the strengthening of their inspiratory muscles.
The swimmers are in general good candidate for this form of training because of two reasons; they must control their rates of breathing in a way that it matches their stroke. Secondly, they must overcome the pressure of water such that they expand their chest after inhaling air.
There are some theories that attend to explain why this training works.
The simplest is that breathing muscles that are stronger allow the pumping in of more oxygen when one is tired.